Thursday, May 6, 2010

Easton's Vintage Soft Blue Baby Shower

When I was pregnant with Easton, my Mom and cousin threw me a vintage soft blue baby shower. Below are pictures of the cookies that Goodies Cookies made. The cookies were frosted sugar cookies, and they were sooooo good! And cuter than cute!
My Mom displayed them on a simple white flat tray.


Peggy from Creative Cakes did the cake, and again, it was amazing!


In this picture you can see the top of the cake, and the silhouette was taken from the invitations that my Mom chose.


Here is a picture of my Mom and I by the cake display. If you have seen my previous blog about London's shower, you can see the difference between two showers and 3 years!


My Mom used one of her statues of a doctor spanking a baby, and filled a few jars with blue and brown baby items. Also, she used scrabble tiles everywhere to spell out easton's name, and "cowboy", and "star", and you get the picture.

Here is an up close picture of the scrabble tiles, and of the favors. The jars with the blue lids were filled with white chocolate covered pretzels, and kisses, and other milk chocolate candies.

Below is the main dining table decorated in hues of blue and brown.

Below is my gift opening seat decorated with some very special items: my blue Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag, a few special cowboy baby items, and vintage cowboys from my Grandfathers room.

The second dining table adorned with a MOM plaque, candy filled jar, and favor jars.

Here is my belly mold from 4 1/2 years ago! I can't believe how BIG I was!!!!

My Mom had the cutest idea ever!! She strung together blue stars for every day until my due date. So every day as I got home from work I tore a star off, and you know what?!!! I was ONE DAY LATE!!! So, I needed just one more star!! But I really hung this in my kitchen, it was a really fun reminder!

The favors for the games sat on the end table, and you can see my stars pinned on the bulletin board.

So as you can see I am more than blessed when it comes to showers and parties given to me!! Thanks Mom! Thanks Jan! And thank you to all that have been so supportive along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment