Monday, May 17, 2010

DIY Chalkboard table by Centsational Girl

I was doing my usual first thing in the morning perusing of the internet when I stumbled across Centsational Girl's blog. Below she took a table and 2 hideous chairs, and transformed them into a set. Below you will see the before picture.


And below you will see the after picture. OMG! After going through her site I am even more inspired to get going on painting a few of my own things!!



A list of items I still need to work on:
  1. Sand and paint the shoe tree in the entryway (I attached old wood to the top and bottom of the tv stand it used to be to create a little shoe seat).
  2. Make and hang two bulletin boards over the computer desk in the family room.
  3. Find and fix a dresser/sofa table/short bookcases for under the window in the dining room
  4. Finish painting the adirondeck chairs I bought last year black.
  5. Make growing panels in the backyardd to cover some of the ugliness that was my Grandpa's satellite wiring circa 1985.
  6. Put up the molding around the bathroom mirror.

This weekend I went in the backyard and I decided I was going to BUILD SOMETHING!!! I got out the chop saw, two drills, and I started attaching old wood to a tv stand I am repurposing for a shoe seat in the entry way. I added the wood to look like molding. Next I need to fill the holes, sand the item, prime the shelf, and paint it. Then I am going to enlist the help of my Mom to sew a little seat cushion to sit on top of it. I will post pictures when it's done!!



No comments:

Post a Comment