Monday, January 31, 2011

London's Vintage Cowgirl Second Birthday Party

This weekend my Daughter, Queen London, had her second birthday and second birthday party. I can't believe my baby is TWO!!! Below is the sweets table. I am trying to pair the parties down a bit, so this year we had pink cupcakes (thanks to Amber), sugar cookies (thanks to Sydney), caramel apples, and pink marshmallows. We also had lunch for the kids which consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into the shape of a star, animal crackers and juice for the kids.

And as a side note that little red barn is super vintage and was given to me for my Son's nursery when he was born and sat in his room until about one year ago when the kids began sharing one room. I may have to bring it back home because I still love it!

I made all of the cupcake toppers ahead of time, and they had her name on them as well as L's, 2's, and glitter 2's with pistol's in the background (because we all know that she is our little pistol).

Here is the door to the backside of the house and the kids table was set up right below this entryway. My friend Heather of Birthday Bliss made the adorable banner, and I plan on hanging it above London's bed once we transition her into her BIG GIRL BED!!!! Eeeeeee!!! And again you can see the WANTED poster I designed after finding a few other wanted posters designed similarly. London is "WANTED for crimes including climbing out of her crib, throwing daggers with her eyebrows, and being feisty like a pistol!"

Mom had this old gun sitting out on the table.

The Queen Grandma was primping London before all the guests arrived. Most of London's ensemble was designed and created by my Mom and myself. We ordered the pink cowgirl fabric from Warm Biscuit, and then rest of the fabric was purchased from Beverly's here locally. London's leggings were repurposed from a vintage sweater purchased at the local thrift store with some of the dress fabric. I made her bow a couple of days beforehand, and I like them BIG, so for everyone who likes dainty bows....great for you....BUT NOT ME!!! I think the more the better!!! I personally think that she looks like a cute little cowgirl cupcake with the frosting on top!!! And everyone knows the frosting is what MAKES the cupcake! :)



London's absolute favorite gift was from our good friends, and it consisted of a french paper basket, a black and hot pink skunk with a mohawk (their Son has a mohawk and picked this gift out for her), and M&M's.....London's LOVES M&M's, and we have been potty training this sweet girl, so we go through lots and lots of candy! :) :) :) So, on another note....THERE ARE PANTIES UNDER THAT DRESS!!!!!! We have one big girl!!!!

We sang Happy Birthday to our favorite girl...


And she enjoyed every last bit of that frosting!

The Queen Grandma and Grandpa stole a few precious moments with London. Grandma is teasing London "Don't you tell Papa". London's favorite person in the whole wide world is Grandpa, and Grandma always teases her that Grandma is London's favorite, and they just won't tell Papa.

London opened up one of her presents, and she may be a little bit bossy, so she was telling somebody that they can't see her present. Hopefully, someday, I can teach this little pistol to "be nice".

We also did shrinky dinks at the party, and they were a big hit with all of the little girls, and my nephew.

I had most of the pictures already traced and cut out and ready to be colored. Horseshoes, cowboys, cowgirls, initials, hats, and my personal favorite was the horse.

After most of the guests left Grandpa and the King Daddy took the bigger boys outside for some target practice with Grandpa's BB gun.
Doesn't Easton look just like a little cowboy...I love the bandana, Sheriff badge, cowboy boots, and BB gun...he takes shooting very seriously!
Now I would like a small disclaimer, we do not allow our 2 year old to touch this BB gun. BUT, I asked my Dad if he would hold her and let her try to pretend to shoot for her birthday (and so I could take a picture)! I'm glad I did because it's such a sweet picture of my Dad and baby girl.

Happy Birthday to the sweetest little Queen. We love you London Tami Lynn.

1 comment:

  1. Easton really took the shooting seriously. I can see it from the photo; he is aiming as if doing it like a trained sniper. And I noticed that the gun looks so nice, is it vintage? Grandpa must have chosen the best coating gun for his rifle.

    ReplyDelete