Thursday, April 29, 2010

Easton's Green Elephant and Owl 2nd Birthday Party

On with the pictures of the parties that I've personally thrown. Below is my Son's second birthday. This birthday was exceptionally hard to do because my Mother-in-law (who helped me soooooooo very much with EVERYTHING) passed away about 10 days before this party. The invitations had already gone out, and I had already paid the deposit on the spot. And we considered not having the party at all, but everyone said to do it anyways. So we did, and it was scaled down drastically, but I'm glad we did it.


Easton cried when everyone sang to him. I really think the emotions of the day just overwhelmed my sweet two year old.

Easton got his first set of golf clubs at this birthday party. He absolutely loved them, and still does. The only problem is that Easton is left handed, and they only sold right golf clubs, so he hits the wrong way, but we will eventually get him a bigger set, a BIG BOY SET.



Peggy from Creative Cakes created this adorable elephant and owls cake. I was amazed and overwhelmed when I saw the cake! I mean, Peggy does incredible work!!


Can you see the owls piped on the sides of the cake...WOW! And my Son's favorite color is green, and has been for years, and so she mixed the green icing just perfectly!!!

The favors were plastic buckets full of fun stuff: monkey washmits, monkey toothbrushes, fruit snacks, plastic animals, candy, and a very special scarf made by Mother and I. We took regular fleece and cut it into strips, and then cut the fringe at the bottom. We then took fabric that had the appropriate animals on it, and stitched it onto one side and layered matching fleece underneath. On the otherside we stitched felt letters on.

Above is the girl version. The fabric we used was owls, and hot pink fleece, and aqua felt letters. During this time period my Son wore scarves often, so I thought "lets give each one of the kids their own scarf too". I don't know if the kids ever wore them or not, but I LOVED making them!

Above you can see the tablescapes, and Easton's giraffe rain boots.
I love throwing parties, and especially if they are for my kids! I am going to keep showing you pictures of parties I've thrown, or helped with in one way or another. I hope you enjoy, and please leave me links to your parties!




No comments:

Post a Comment