Monday, April 26, 2010

Easton's 1st Robot Birthday Party

I have been looking through all of these great parties, and it reminds me of my own Son's birthday parties. I always love to throw parties, and luckily, my Mom does too! We have opted to have my Son's parties at a place because I just don't have the room in my house to hold the amount of family we have. So, for the first three years we held his party at Adventure park in Visalia.
Easton's first birthday smashing his little cake. I don't know if you can see that cake, but it was amazing!! Peggy from Creative Cakes created this cake from a book that we loved. We took a picture of the cover, and she went to town creating this beautiful boys cake!

Here is a close up of the cake, and the amazing colors Peggy came up with. You can also see the cupcakes that my Mother-in-law made for the party (before they were displayed), and the coloring sheets we printed for the kids.Here is Easton opening one of his presents (from G.G. and Pop). I don't know if you can see this, but he has on robot robeez, and I wore a robot shirt from Wet Seal, and Jewelry from Forever 21.Oh boy was Easton made....his Chi (his Aunt) and Cousin wouldn't let him touch their tickets....
My Mom and I created all of these bowling bags as the favors. We had a few new babies attend also, so we included fleece blankets with robots printed on them for those little ones. Attached to the bowling bags were little robot bags with each one of the kids names on them, and they were filled with candy, color crayons, coloring pages depicting robots, fruit snacks, and tooth brushes!

When I finally settled on the theme, my Mom got busy!! She started saving every robot-esque item she could find, and she made robots to sit on every table. Above is the Mother of all robots, and she is holding a Mommy robot, a Daddy robot, and a baby ETK robot (which I hang together on my christmas tree every year). She is made up of several glass vases, and plates, shot glasses, fibers, and anything else that looked bright.



Again, you will find the robots are made up of many different things, like aerosal cans duct taped together, and then adorned with fun and bright items!

Above is a jar covered in tin foil, with lemonade packages as the head with shot glasses for ears, and black tubing attached for the arms. Then we placed it on the table atop a blue serving tray! You really can create whatever you want!

It was such a Happy Birthday for my sweet Son Easton!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I remember that party, but I never got to see any of the robots for some reason! Those are really super cute!

    I can't believe how big Easton is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a yummy cake. Planned a birthday party for my niece last year. One of the super cool Venues in NYC was booked and everyone praised all the arrangements. Thinking to book the same place for my nephew's baptism party next month. Will discuss the details with my sister for advance bookings.

    ReplyDelete