Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Super top secret spy birthday party

Last weekend our Son had his 5th birthday party. I am really trying to scale back on the decorations, and make it more fun for the kids because that's where is really matters. So here was our sweets table. I used 2 yards of herringbone fabric hung from a metal clothing rack (that the Queen Grandma had stashed away), and an "Easton" banner made by my good friend from Birthday Bliss.

We had Capri Sun's (because all kids love those!), caramel apples with sprinkles and some with peanuts, and cupcakes. These cupcakes were sooo good, and out of 48, I had only 9 left ;). I made the bottom layer chocolate fudge, then french vanilla, and the top layer was died teal green to match the party.

I made the fans, last minute of course, by cutting the herringbone paper into strips and folding it. I glued it together and added the 5 cut out to the center. And all of the cupcake toppers were made to match the invitations with Perry the Playtpus on them. Perry seemed to fit the theme perfectly as he is a secret spy on Phinneas and Ferb, as well as Easton has a shirt with "Agent P" on it.


Yes, I stacked my corningware up and made my own make-shift cake platter. I think it turned out cute, so that's all that matters!!!


We went on a mission around the house. I only took pictures of the first stop because frankly it was cooooold, and all of us were running to try to get back inside the house! So the first instruction:
1. Follow the crooked porch until you find the blue table with your investigative tools on it. (notepads covered in matching paper and pencils)
2. The goats will know where to go next. (Queen Grandma has goats, so we stuck all the kids party blowers near them pen)
3. Find row 7 and you will find your disguises for your last mission. (plastic glasses with the fake noses attached)
4. Crawl through to doorways and don't touch the lazer beams. (I took string and ran it through 2 doorways and one room, and everyone had to crawl through the string and try not to touch the "lazer beams")
5. Find the last window for your top secret identities. (I made identification cards for each kid that has their photo on it, their age, and their secret code for mission (which was their initials))


Here is our most special birthday boy. We can't believe our first baby is 5 years old....oh how I remember when he was so tiny, and I could dress him up and get him to smile for me.
The littlest knight shared his lolli-pop with our very own little Queen. Thanks Grandma for providing such a LARGE lolli-pop........ It was sweet that they were sharing. And the little Queen had a coordinating outfit to the rest of us. She had on white lace leggings, black lace up boots, herringbone panties, a black tutu, a special shirt that was decoded by the family, and a matching hairbow.

Happy Birthday my sweet Son. Mom and Dad love you so much and feel so lucky to get the opportunity to raise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment