Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mary Poppins Sweaters and Mickey Mouse Shirts

Last week we used our volunteer a day passes to take the kids to Disneyland. This was a very special trip because we took my nephew too! So of course I have to go completely overboard, and make shirts...and skirts...and sweaters (you get the idea)!

Below are my 2 kids with their clothing. Easton's shirt has an alligator (because he's obsessed with catching and wrangling alligators) with Mickey Mouse inside his mouth holding the alligators mouth open with one finger! London has a skirt with the London skyline on it, and Mary Poppins floating in from the Heavens....practicallly perfect in every way!
Here is my Dad holding the kids before the Nemo submarine. You get a really good picture of Easton's shirt here. Now there is a disclaimer. My Mom and I were going to finish the details on the shirt in the car on the way, and of course, we forgot to bring needles. So we were searching, and even stopped to try to buy a sewing kit, and none of the little places we stopped had them, so these shirts were missing a few minor details....but I'm sure I'm the only one who noticed!


Here is our family picture. You can kind of see my sweater in this picture. I made the same skyline and Mary Poppins for the bottom of my sweater. I also madee twisty flowers with big pink bows to pin on the other side of the sweater.


So the Queen Grandma, and Mommy had matching, and it was so cool to match with my Daughter too! I absolutely love making these hand made items, and wish I had more time to do so!

Thank you everyone for following my blog! I would love to do a free printable, but want some kind of direction to head...so if you have any ideas please comment and let me know what you would like to see!




No comments:

Post a Comment